The purpose of this rule is to require the placement of an indentifying symbol on structures constructed with a light-frame truss component in a manner sufficient to warn firefighters conducting fire control or other emergency operations of the existence of light-frame truss-type construction within the structure. 69A-60.0081
"Light-frame truss-type construction" means a type of construction whose primary structural elements are formed by a system of repetitive wood or light gauge steel framing members.
1. The Owner of any commercial or industrial structure, or any multi-family residential structure of three units or more, that uses light-frame truss-type construction shall mark the structure with a symbol warning firefighters conducting fire control and other emergency operations of the existence of light-frame truss-type construction within the structure. FL 633.027 (1)
2. The Symbol shall be Maltese Cross shaped, bright red reflective color, and measure 8 inches vertically and 8 inches horizontally.
3. The designated Symbols are shown here.
Structures with light-frame floor trusses shall be marked with the letter "F", structures with light-frame roof trusses shall be marked with the letter "R", and structures with light-frame floor and roof trusses shall be marked with the letters "FR".
4. The Symbol shall be permanently affixed to the face of the structure on a contrasting background, or attached to a contrasting background which is then permanently attached to the structure.
5. The Symbol shall be placed within 24 inches to the left of the main entry door.
6. The height of the Symbol shall not be placed less than 4 feet above the finished floor.
7. The height of the Symbol shall not be more than 6 feet above the finished floor.